Saturday October 18th 2014
11 A.M. Rain or Shine Official Start Time
Welcome to the East Texas Yamboree Queen's Parade
RULES FOR 2014
1. Horses will not be allowed in the parade.
2. No motorcycles or off the road vehicles. (4-wheelers, dirt
3. All Antique/Classic cars are judged and entries from the car
show will be selected for participation in the parade.
4. Commercial floats are encouraged to enter. An award will
be presented; however, no cash prize will be awarded.
5. Deadline for entries is Oct. 3rd
6. All marching bands will sound off in front of the Gilmer
National Bank on Titus, the official starting point of the
7. A limited number of vehicles per school in the Queens
8. *No traffic will be allowed on Titus Street from 8 a.m.
Saturday until the conclusion of the Queen=s Parade.
9. *ENTRIES MAY NOT THROW OR PASS OUT
CANDY OR ANY OTHER ITEM, INCLUDING
TRINKETS OR FLIERS.
10. Parade chairman has the final decision on any entry.
11. Entries must not delay the parade and must cooperate in
maintaining a smooth flow of parade traffic.
12. All entrants must follow complete parade route. Disbanded
groups will not be allowed to walk back through the parade.
13. All entries must travel in a straight line with no variations or
14. *NO RADIOS OR CDS FROM CARS.
15. NO SALES, POLITICAL OR SELF PROMOTIONAL
BANNERS OR SIGNS ALLOWED.
16. Groups under age 5 are not allowed to walk the parade route.
17. All cheerleaders and other youth groups will not be allowed to
ride in or on cars or pickups. They must walk and are
encouraged to perform cheers on parade route. They will be
given 2 minutes to perform a routine at bandstand.
18. Parade route begins on Titus St. and is led by the police. All
entries must follow the police thru the entire parade route.
The parade route will be as follows; left on Jefferson St.,
right on Simpson, right on Hwy 154 and right on Trinity St.
All entries will continue on until Trinity St. ends at Walnut St.
and go left on Walnut then go an additional 50 ft. to Railroad
St. Take a right on Railroad St. which leads back to the float
19. Only floats to be judged must be on the Gilmer National Bank
parking lot by 8 a.m., with everyone on the floats by 9 a.m.
All other entries must be in place by 10 a.m. All award
winners need to provide two people to carry award
banner during the parade.
20. BUSSES ONLY ON WALKER ST. All cars bringing
people for floats will be directed to the new parking lot.
Entrance to the lot is Rosebud and Lawrence at the railroad
21. Bands that wish to perform must do so in front of the
bandstand, only. Keep performance under 4 minutes, which
allows everyone their time, and avoids unnecessary delay.
Floats will be judged on Workmanship(30%), Beauty(20%), Portrayal of Theme(30%), costumes(10%), Special Effects(10%)
Narrative (3copies) should be turned in to the chamber of commerce by October 11th to qualify for the bonus points. A narrative is a brief description of the float, telling the story you wish to depict and how it ties in with the overall theme. These may be displayed very decoratively and elaborate, or simple. NO LOOSE GLITTER PLEASE.
Queen's Parade Awards
Class I Floats (Civic Clubs/Organizations) Class II Commercial Floats
1st Place - $1000.00 President's Award
2nd Place - $700.00 Queen's Award
3rd Place - $500.00 Queen's Court Award
Honorable Mention Awards Yamboree Board of Director's Award
President's Award winner will be awarded a trophy with the name engraved to be displayed at their place of business for one year. Commercial winners will be awarded plaques.