Julie York, Chairman
Sponsored by: Custom Commodities
FUN contest using “Celebrity” judges in Upshur County.
*New this year: 2 Categories: Main Course & Side Dish
The featured ingredient in the recipe must be yam.
Bring your favorite dish to the Exhibit Bldg. between 3:00pm – 4:00pm Thursday, October 19th for a special, public judging to be held at 4:30p.m. Judges will be local “Celebrities” and will be judging in front of the public.
Cost of entry is $1.00. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
A legible recipe must be submitted with each entry.
- Recipe must be a main course or a side dish. Entry qualification “featuring yam” is at the judge’s discretion.
- Entry must be made entirely by the contestant.
- Contestants must be a resident of Upshur County, attend an Upshur County school, be a member of the Upshur 4-H program or pay an Upshur County utility bill.
- For food safety reasons, if a food exhibit should be served cold, it must be transported in an insulated cooler and kept at 45 degrees Fahrenheit. It must be displayed in such a way to keep cool. Entries to be served warm must be transported in a container keeping it at 145 degree Fahrenheit and displayed in such a way to keep it warm.
- Entries will be released or discarded after judging. Contestants are encouraged to stay for the “show.”
- Awards will be given in each category immediately following judging:
Youth Category = 18 years and under
Adult Category = Over age 18 years
1st Place = $15.00/$10.00
2nd Place = $10.00/$5.00
3rd Place = $5.00/$3.00
Recipes will become the property of the East Texas Yamboree Association and may become public, so “secret family recipes” should not be exhibited.
This event is hosted by the FCS Division of the
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service.