October 20th. 2017 11:00AM
RAIN OR SHINE
2017 YAMBOREE SCHOOL/YOUTH PARADE RULES
1. NO MOTORCYCLES, ATV’s (4-wheelers or 3-wheelers), DIRT BIKES or any motorized off the
2. Walking groups welcome.
3. Entries will not be accepted after September 29th
4. All marching bands will sound off at the corner of Madison St. and Titus St. on the empty grass lot.
5. *NO CD’S OR RADIOS FROM CARS
6. *NO traffic will be allowed on Titus St. from 8 a.m. Friday until the conclusion of the parade.
7. *ENTRIES MAY NOT THROW OR PASS OUT CANDY OR ANY OTHER ITEM, INCLUDING
TRINKETS OR FLIERS
8. Parade chairman has the final decision on any entry. Entries must not delay the parade and must
cooperate in maintaining a smooth flow of parade traffic.
9. All entrants must follow complete parade route. Disbanded groups will not be allowed to walk back
through the parade.
10. Parade route begins with lineup on Titus St., left on Jefferson, right on Simpson, right on Hwy 154, right on
Trinity. Floats will turn left on Buffalo and discharge riders at the Methodist Church. Bands must not
disband until reaching Cass St. Autos exit at Cass St.
11. Have all floats on Madison St., between Titus and Trinity at 9 a.m., Friday, Oct. 21st
12. Riders on floats must be in complete costume, with make-up on, before arriving at the parade, and be on
the floats by 9 a.m. Float judging will begin at 9:30.
13. All award winners need to provide two people to carry the award banner during the parade.
14. All other entries must be in place by 10:00 a.m. The parade will begin promptly at 11 a.m.
15. *BUS PARKING WILL BE ON MADISON ST. BETWEEN HWY 271 AND TITUS ST. THIS
STREET WILL BE BLOCKED OFF, BUT THERE WILL BE A POLICE OFFICER OR PARADE
OFFICIAL THERE TO LET THE BUSES GO THROUGH TO THE PARKING AREA.
16. Float entries must follow float themes obtained from the Chamber of Commerce in order to be
judged for prize awards.
Floats will be judged on Workmanship (30%), Beauty (20%), Portrayal of theme (30%), costumes (10%), Special
Narratives (3 copies) should be turned in to the chamber of commerce by October 10th to qualify for bonus points.
A narrative is a brief description of the float, telling the story you wish to depict and how it ties in with the overall
theme. These may be displayed very decoratively and elaborate, or simple. No loose glitter please.
SCHOOL/YOUTH PARADE AWARDS
Class I School Floats
1st Place – $500
2nd Place – $300
3rd Place – $200
4th Place – $150
5th Place – $100
Class II Junior Floats (organized youth groups other than schools)
1st Place – $300.00
2nd Place – $200.00
3nd Place – $150.00