Co-Chairmen: Brandon Dodd/Jeff Dodd – 903.790.3159
Want to email us your completed entry form – email us
RAIN OR SHINE October 20th- 11:00 A.M.
2018 QUEEN’S PARADE RULES
1. Horses will not be allowed in the parade.
2. No motorcycles or off the road vehicles. (4-wheelers, dirt bikes, UTV’s, ATV’s etc.)
3. All Antique/Classic cars are judged and entries from the car show will be selected for participation in the
4. Commercial floats are encouraged to enter. An award will be presented; however, no cash prize will be
5. Entries will not be accepted after September 27th.
6. All marching bands will sound off in front of the Gilmer National Bank on Titus, the official starting point of the parade.
7. A limited number of vehicles per school in the Queen’s parade.
8. *No traffic will be allowed on Titus Street from 8 a.m. Saturday until the conclusion of the Queen’s Parade.
9. *ENTRIES MAY NOT THROW OR PASS OUT CANDY OR ANY OTHER ITEM, INCLUDING
TRINKETS OR FLIERS.
10. Parade chairman has the final decision on any entry.
11. Entries must not delay the parade and must cooperate in maintaining a smooth flow of parade traffic.
12. All entrants must follow complete parade route. Disbanded groups will not be allowed to walk back through the parade.
13. All entries must travel in a straight line with no variations or weaving.
14. *NO RADIOS OR CD’S FROM CARS.
15. Groups under age 5 are not allowed to walk the parade route.
16. All cheerleaders and other youth groups will not be allowed to ride in or on cars or pickups. They must walk and are encouraged to perform cheers on parade route. They will be given 2 minutes to perform a routine at bandstand. This rule will be enforced for the 2018 Queen’s Parade to save time and space.
17. Parade route begins on Titus St. and is led by the police. All entries must follow the police thru the entire parade route. The parade route will be as follows; left on Jefferson St., right on Simpson, right on Hwy. 154 and right on Trinity St. All entries will continue on until Trinity St. ends at Walnut St. and go left on Walnut then go an additional 50 ft. to Railroad St. Take a right on Railroad St. which leads back to the float barn area.
18. Floats to be judged must be on the Gilmer National Bank parking lot by 8 a.m., with everyone on the floats by 9 a.m. At 10:30, at least ONE Representative from each float entry must be at the North entrance of GNB for Award Announcement. All other entries must be in place by 10 a.m. All award winners need to provide two people to carry the award banner during the parade.
19. BUSSES ONLY ON WALKER ST. All cars bringing people for floats will be directed to the new parking
lot. Entrance to the lot is Redbud and Lawrence (Railroad Rd) at the railroad track.
20. Bands that wish to perform must do so in front of the bandstand, only. Keep performance under 4 minutes, which allows everyone their time, and avoids unnecessary delay.
21. The Saturday Queen’s Parade is FOR THE QUEEN & HER COURT. No one else in the parade on any float should stand higher than she does. Please contact the Gilmer Area Chamber of Commerce or a chairman should you need a clarification on this.
Remember that the chairman has the right to allow or disallow ANY ENTRY WE DEEM DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FAMILY AUDIENCE WE ARE SERVING.
QUEEN’S PARADE AWARDS
Class I Floats (Civic Clubs/Organizations)
1st prize $1,000
2nd prize – $700
3rd prize – $500
Honorable mention awards
Class II Commercial Floats
Queen’s Court Award
Yamboree Board of Director’s Award
President’s Award winner will be awarded a trophy with the name engraved to be displayed at their place of
business for one year.
Commercial winners will be awarded plaques.
Floats will be scored on a points system:
Narrative: 1 (poor) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (best)
The Portrayal of Float Theme: 2 (Poor) 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 (excellent)
Creativity: 3 (poor) 6 9 12 13 15 18 20 23 25 (excellent)
Costume Representation: 1 (poor) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 (excellent) – (Lady in Waiting or Duchess excluded)
Workmanship: 3 (Poor) 6 9 12 13 15 18 20 23 25 (excellent)
Special Effects (movement, wheels.smoke, running water, etc.): 1 (poor) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 (excellent)
** Narrative will be scored as step 1 of judging. The score will be used as a tie breaker.