Chairman: Brandon Dodd
October 21st, 2017 11:00AM
79th East Texas Yamboree Queen
Riley Mackayla Meritt & Court
RAIN OR SHINE
2017 QUEEN’S PARADE RULES
1. Horses will not be allowed in the parade.
2. No motorcycles or off the road vehicles. (4-wheelers, dirt bikes, etc.)
3. All Antique/Classic cars are judged and entries from the car show will be selected for participation in the
4. Commercial floats are encouraged to enter. An award will be presented; however, no cash prize will be
5. Entries will not be accepted after ( date information forthcoming )
6. All marching bands will sound off in front of the Gilmer National Bank on Titus, the official starting point of
7. A limited number of vehicles per school in the Queen’s parade.
8. *No traffic will be allowed on Titus Street from 8 a.m. Saturday until the conclusion of the Queen’s Parade.
9. *ENTRIES MAY NOT THROW OR PASS OUT CANDY OR ANY OTHER ITEM, INCLUDING
TRINKETS OR FLIERS.
10. Parade chairman has the final decision on any entry.
11. Entries must not delay the parade and must cooperate in maintaining a smooth flow of parade traffic.
12. All entrants must follow complete parade route. Disbanded groups will not be allowed to walk back through
13. All entries must travel in a straight line with no variations or weaving.
14. *NO RADIOS OR CD’S FROM CARS.
15. Groups under age 5 are not allowed to walk the parade route.
16. All cheerleaders and other youth groups will not be allowed to ride in or on cars or pickups.
They must walk and are encouraged to perform cheers on parade route.
They will be given 2 minutes to perform a routine at bandstand.
17. Parade route begins on Titus St. and is led by the police. All entries must follow the police thru the entire
parade route. The parade route will be as follows; left on Jefferson St., right on Simpson, right on Hwy. 154
and right on Trinity St. All entries will continue on until Trinity St. ends at Walnut St. and go left on Walnut
then go an additional 50 ft. to Railroad St. Take a right on Railroad St. which leads back to the float barn area.
18. Floats to be judged must be on the Gilmer National Bank parking lot by 8 a.m., with everyone on the floats by 9
a.m. All other entries must be in place by 10 a.m. All award winners need to provide two people to carry
the award banner during the parade.
19. BUSSES ONLY ON WALKER ST. All cars bringing people for floats will be directed to the new parking
lot. Entrance to the lot is Redbud and Lawrence at the railroad track.
20. Bands that wish to perform must do so in front of the bandstand, only.
Keep performance under 4 minutes, which allows everyone their time, and avoids unnecessary delay.
QUEEN’S PARADE AWARDS
Class I Floats (Civic Clubs/Organizations)
1st prize $1000
2nd prize – $700
3rd prize – $500
Honorable mention awards
Class II Commercial Floats
Queen’s Court Award
Yamboree Board of Director’s Award
President’s Award winner will be awarded a trophy with name engraved to be displayed at their place of
business for one year.
Commercial winners will be awarded plaques.
Floats in both classes will be judged on Workmanship (30%), Beauty (20%), Portrayal of theme (30%), Costumes (10%), Special
Narratives (3 copies) must be turned in to the Gilmer Area Chamber of Commerce by October 13th to qualify for bonus points.
A narrative is a brief description of the float, telling the story you wish to depict and how it ties in with the overall
theme. These may be displayed very decoratively and elaborate, or simply. No loose glitter please.